Monday

SHE'S NOT THE MAN I MARRIED!

I finally received the books that I ordered online She's Not the Man I Married: My Life with a Transgender Husband..
Please, bear in mind that I haven't written a book review in a lot of years! But enough of the excuses...Here goes.. Helen Boyd (the author)writes about her struggles when her husband (who has been open about being a transgender) decides to live as a woman full time! She writes about her "problems" trying to understand what her feelings if her husband actually were to become a woman. She try to understand her feelings about the medical, legal and social aspects of the change! My main impressions is that her biggest struggle is whether or not she will still love or be sexually attracted to her husband when he becomes a "she"!

Personally, I would recommend this book highly, I found the book, She's Not the Man I Married: My Life with a Transgender Husband easy to read, hard to put down and more important..an eye opener! Like I mentioned in my earlier postings, I have donated my second copies (I bought two of each book) of the three books that I bought to my local library..The librarian on duty told me that recently there was a request for similar material from a few local universities psychology students, she was very grateful and thanked me for my generous donations! Maybe you will do the same thing and donate a copy to your local library (either public, college, or university etc.) and help inform the public about the issues of being a transgender! Like the old saying.. "What comes around..goes around!" or is it vice-versa lol. Maybe, if you have read the book, you might leave a comment, sure would love to post what others feel about this book!

No comments: