Friday

To "stealth" or not to "stealth"! by "Amanda."

My first posting so let make it controversial...Is stealth the best way to go.. or is honesty the best policy.! In the United States, most experts preaches " deep stealth"... How ever the USA also have the highest murder rate among TransGender's in the world.... hmmmmm! To "STEALTH or not to stealth... is honesty the best policy when it comes to your own personal safety as a transgendered female. For years "deep stealth mode" has always been considered the best approach to "starting over"... howeverI believe I strongly disagree. I'm Canadian and have been in the "system" for almost 7 years..and I'm about to go "full-time". I'm considered one of the "lucky ones". I have been told.I pass with flying colours with or without make-up on. No surgeries of any kind.. hormone enhanced only. .I just don't pass..I attract! I'm not going to walk around with a neon sign around my neck declaring my gender however I'm a firm believer in "NOT" leading people on because that will only lead to a potentialy dangerous situation. The insanely high murder rate among tg's in United States is my wake-up call to maybe... honesty is the best policy being a tg....... any thoughts on this??? "Amanda."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To be honest I think someone feels the most free when he/she can be who she/he is!
Anyway, if she wants to live in stealth and she thinks that she will feel better this way, it's her choice. She might be right, although I doubt it! You will always have to hide something, always have this secret and feelings of shame. Can you feel truly happy that way?

(posted with permission from a forum that I belong too from)
Sangre y Leche